SimplexGrinnell recognized by American Security Today for its innovative solutions that address evolving safety and security threats
WESTMINSTER, MA (November, 2016) – Tyco SimplexGrinnell, a leader in fire and life safety, was honored by American Security Today with two ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards. The SIMPLEX ES-Enabled Fire Alarm System was a Platinum winner in “Best Fire & Safety System” and a Gold winner in “Best Mass Notification System.” The ASTORS highlight outstanding product development achievements and new technologies that address growing homeland security threats.
Fire alarm systems play an essential role when it comes to protecting people, property and assets within a facility. SIMPLEX ES fire alarm systems, developed and manufactured by Tyco Fire Protection Products, provide advanced, innovative technologies, and are unique in their ability to grow and expand as buildings change and life-safety needs evolve. Some of these comprehensive and highly flexible fire protection and safety solutions capabilities include:
- Added power, internet connectivity and remote service capabilities. The SIMPLEX ES platform provides advanced technologies that meet the needs of installing contractors, facility managers and building owners – improving serviceability, reducing costs, saving time and enhancing operational efficiency.
- Easier installation and upgrades. SIMPLEX ES panels support addressable technology that makes systems easier to design, install, upgrade and maintain.
- Advanced addressable notification technology that enables appliance self-testing and targeted emergency message delivery. SIMPLEX TrueAlert ES notification now includes the fire alarm industry’s first addressable speakers with individual on/off control and high-quality audio output – flexible, reliable, cost-effective and highly scalable.
- Advanced LED appliances compliant with the latest NFPA code requirements for flash duration and strobe synchronization.
- Integrated life-safety information management that brings critical applications together, including fire alarm, voice, access control and video.
- Voice systems that can serve as the cornerstone of an integrated, multi-layered and cost-effective mass notification solution to improve emergency preparedness and response.
“Being recognized twice in this year’s ASTORS Homeland Security Awards program is a humbling achievement for Tyco SimplexGrinnell,” said Aaron Saak, Vice President &
General Manager. “Providing industry-leading systems and continuously improving customer safety and value are priorities for us. These awards validate our unwavering commitment to the market, to our customers and to making the world safer.”
The ASTORS comprehensive Homeland Security Awards Program is organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of physical, IT, and port security, law enforcement, and first responders, in acknowledgement of their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’ The 2016 winners will be recognized at ISC East 2016 in New York City, November 16-17, 2016. For more information about the awards, visit https://americansecuritytoday.com/2016-astors-homeland-security-award-winners-announced/.
About Tyco SimplexGrinnell
Tyco SimplexGrinnell, part of Johnson Controls, is a longtime leader in fire and life safety, with over 400,000 customers and a history that dates back to the mid 1800s. Tyco SimplexGrinnell is helping make buildings safer and smarter with a comprehensive array of fire alarm, fire sprinkler, fire suppression, emergency communications, integrated security, sound, and healthcare communications systems and services. Headquartered in Westminster, Massachusetts, Tyco SimplexGrinnell has over 8,000 employees in the United States and serves customers through 130 company-owned offices. For more information, visit www.tycosimplexgrinnell.com.