Advancing safety for transportation. In public and behind the scenes, the transportation industry faces a world of life-safety challenges every day. In addition to the fundamental concerns of protecting physical property and assets from fire, there are also environmental dangers, life safety code compliance challenges, physical security of employees and visitors and more that require the expertise and experience of a holistic, single-source provider. That’s why industry professionals turn to SimplexGrinnell. We offer customized fire protection, life safety and security solutions for every area of transportation, including aviation, rail, port and piers, tunnels, highways, bridges and more.
From elevated and below-grade rail transit platforms to trucking and shipping terminals and beyond, our integrated fire and security platforms can help you improve business efficiency and situational awareness while reducing risk. Our team of experts across the country can help you identify fire and security hazards along with associated risks to develop cost-effective protection strategies that meet your specific needs and objectives. Whether your concern is fire, inventory protection, vandalism, perimeter protection, natural disaster or all of the above, we have over 1,700 professional technicians, Design Centers of Excellence and the backing of the world’s leading fire and security company, Tyco, at your fingertips to help you protect what matters most in an efficient and cost effective manner.
CREATING COMPREHENSIVE PROTECTION
- Internal and external video surveillance with 24/7 monitoring and recording capability to protect even the most open spaces
- Networked solutions to enable control from a single location to notify authorities, automatically trigger alarms and alerts, provide reports and controlled evacuations
- Card-based and biometric access control to protect high-value inventory and freight that may be the target of sophisticated theft
- Integrated intercom/public address systems that can be used for facility communications or to help secure staff and visitors should a threat occur
- Advanced fire protection solution design that includes fire and life safety consulting, design team and code analysis, fire, heat and smoke system modeling and state-of-the-art system recommendations